Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sinful Colors Ice Dream Swatches

Hey, guys!  Today I was inspired to finally swatch Sinful Colors Ice Dream!
Ice Dream is a color I've had for a while now and just never got around to swatching.  The formula is good, as per usual with Sinful Colors. It's a clear base filled with blue and silver glitters.  It isn't full coverage and I think it works best as a glitter topper, but it could probably be built up to opacity if you used a couple of extra (or thicker) coats.  Swatch shows, from left to right: three coats of Sinful Colors Ice Dream, two coats of Ice Dream over two coats of Sephora by OPI Social Climber*, one coat of Ice Dream over two coats of Sephora by OPI Break A Leg-Warmer*, and one coat of Ice Dream over one coat of Sinful Colors Why Not.  No top coat was used for the first photo.  It was cloudy today, so it's not as sparkly as it would be in sunlight, but this is a good show of the color.  In the second photo, you'll see the NOTD that I came up with for Ice Dream.  It's two coats of Break a Leg-Warmer* with one coat of Ice Dream, with the exception of the ring finger, which I left without glitter and matted with Essie Matte About You top coat.  All other nails are topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top top coat.  I thought this worked perfectly for a coudy, Winter day!  What do you think?

* Mini bottles given to me that have no apparent indication of color name (I tried to look them up, but they may not be right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...