Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Update - Lots of New Stuff on the Way!

First of all, I want to let you guys know I signed up for Rainbow Honey's mini mysetery bag subscription.  After mulling over various beauty bag subscription services for awhile, I found myself swayed by Phyrra's Fails and Holy Grails of 2014 video and went with Rainbow Honey.  I received an E-mail yesterday telling me my first mystery bag was being processed for shipping (I didn't want to miss a month so I purchased the January mystery bag separately from my subscription), and I'm really excited for it to arrive!

 Next, I'm pleased to say that I ordered five more colors from Super Black Lacquers: Bruiser, Dusted, Rinse + Repeat, Blitz, and HBIC.  I always try to order five SBLs at a time because Natalie offers a discount of $1 per bottle when you order 3 or more, and $2 per bottle when you order 5 or more.  She also packages the bottles in a really cute, foil embossed box when you get five.  If you haven't tried Super Black Lacquers yet, there's a mystery gift box option that includes five assorted colors for just $45.  I have seven colors from SBL and they are all gorgeous.

And last but not least, I'd like to mention that there are only two days left in Zoya's New Year New Hue promotion.  You can get any three polishes plus a limited edition set of three minis for $15 shipping.  Plus when you select an additional $25 in merchandise your shipping is free.  I ended up taking advantage of this offer twice, so I'll essentially be getting 12 shades at half price plus six free minis.  What a steal!

And now that I've told you about all of the stuff I've bought lately, I'm going to tell you that I'm enacting a no-buy (the only exception being the Rainbow Honey mystery bags, which I hope will be enough to tide me over).  I've seen several bloggers talking about doing a 100 day no-buy, and I felt like that would be a really good idea for me.  My hope is that I can make it even longer than 100 days, but I have a feeling some Summer collections will be calling my name by then.  Only time will tell!

Editing to add: I just remembered I also picked up Clearly on Top, Jack, and Flannel Surfing from KBShimmer! Even more reason for me to be on a no-buy... -_-' But Jack is a LE color and I wanted to snag that while it was still in stock, so I feel pretty justified in that purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...