Sunday, March 20, 2011

So Appealing Swatches + Review

The Shop: So Appealing

My Order: samples of Rum Raisin, Enchanted Forest, Bruised, Flirtatious, Soft Brown, and Fool's Gold

Customer service: Suzie sent me a convo asking if I was doing a blog.  When I said yes, she said she would send along some extra goodies, which she certainly did.  I don't recall what day I received the order (I should have made note somewhere; I'll have to remember that for next time,) but it was obviously shipped promptly because I placed the order on the 15th and received it before the end of the week.

Packaging: My items were mailed in a bubble mailer.  The eyeshadow samples were inside of small baggies, each clearly labeled with the color, directions, and ingredients.  I received samples of Rum Raisin, Enchanted Forest, Bruised, Flirtatious, Soft Brown, and Fool's Gold, in addition to samples of Foggy Swamp, Knockout Neutral, Steely Gray, and Brilliantly Beige eyeshadows, Sparkling Body Butter, and Intensity Moisturizing Lotion.  The lotion samples were packaged in clamshell jars, which were then placed inside of plastic baggies to prevent leaking during transit, with fairly generous portions inside (especially considering that they were freebies.)  Included was a copy of my invoice with a hand-written thank you note.


Today's Swatches:

Left to right: Bruised, Enchanted Forest, and Rum Raisin

Without Flash

Flash

These swatches were done on bare skin.  As you can see, Bruised and Enchanted Forest are fairly matte, but there is a nice shimmer to Rum Raisin.  These swatches were applied using an eyeshadow brush, with a foiled stripe down the center applied with water and an angled liner brush.  I did notice that all of the colors look more saturated in the listing photos, but did not apply with the same intensity.  Bruised was much more blue in the listing photo, but Rum Raisin and Enchanted Forest seem true to the listing photos, if a bit duller.  I did use Bruised as an eyeliner, which looked quite nice, but my camera's battery died conveniently after I took these swatch photos.

Overall: The colors are lovely, but item photos on the Etsy site show super-saturated colors, and the items I received were not as vibrant.  I am sure that applying a primer first and building up the colors would create more vibrant colors, though.  Customer service was excellent; friendly communication, fast shipping, good packaging, included invoice.  The overall experience was wonderful.  The only qualm I have is that the colors are much more subdued than I expected.  I will definitely be ordering more from So Appealing in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Great job!

    The colors you chose are really pretty too! I especially love the look of them foiled.

    It's a little difficult for me to see and read the text over the pattern of the background, but otherwise I think the layout of your blog is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I've been meaning to tweak the colors and layout a bit to make it easier to read. Rum Raisin was my favorite; I used it as a liner today with Bruised as the main shadow and Brilliantly Beige as a highlighter, and my boyfriends 3YO son said he liked my eyes. :)

    Next time I will have to keep track of the date of arrival and make sure my camera battery is charged first, but I enjoyed taking a break from everything just to sample some makeup and write about it. I think I'll enjoy this blogging thing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...