Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lancôme Beauty Box 2011 Swatches

So I guess every year, Lancome does a purchase with purchase promotion where you can buy a beauty box filled with full-sized products if you make any purchase.  This year, the beauty box is $57.50, and you get two color options: Pretty Plums or Beautiful Bronzes.  I will be posting swatches of the Beautiful Bronzes collection.

The Beauty Box includes two Juicy Tubes lip glosses in Bolole and Simmer, two Color Design Lipcolors in It Girl and Sugared Maple, Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose, Le Crayon Khôl eyeliner in Black Coffee, Définicils mascara in Black, and three Color Design eyeshadows in Latte, Kitten Heel, and Mannequin.  Additionally, the box includes two brushes - a round shadow brush and a blending brush - and Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover, which I will talk about.  I purchased a La Laque Fever lip gloss in  Glitterstick as my qualifying purchase.  On to the swatches!

Lip Products

Swatches from left to right: La Laque Fever in Glitterstick, Juicy Tubes in Bolole, Juicy Tubes in Simmer, Color Design Lip Color in "It" Girl, Color Design Lip Color in Sugared Maple


 Normal indoor lighting
HD Flourescent
 Nekkid Lips
 La Laque Fever in Glitterstick
 Juicy Tubes in Bolole
 Juicy Tubes in Simmer
 Color Design Lip Color in "It" Girl
Color Design Lip Color in Sugared Maple

I've already talked about the texture of each of these products in my first Lancome Post, with the exception of La Laque Fever.  First of all, I love the color of Glitterstick.  As far as everything else goes, it's very thick, and it seems to take more product to get a good coat.  It feels pretty much like a lipstick once it's applied, and the lasting power is somewhere between an actual lipstick and the Color Fever Gloss (which I actually ended up liking a lot applied over my usual lip balm.)

Eye Products

Swatches from left to right: Latte, Mannequin, and Kitten Heel


These colors are fairly lackluster as far as color payoff, even applied over a primer.  The adhesion and texture are both pretty good, and the coverage is very even.  I guess I've just gotten spoiled by all of the amazing indie mineral makeup companies I've found lately.  Overall, these are nice shadows, but expect a watered-down version of what you see in the pan.

Shown: Definicils mascara in Black with Le Crayon Khol in Black Coffee


I've already talked about Le Crayon Khol in the post I linked above, so here I'll just say I was very pleased with the Definicils mascara.  It has a thinner formula than Hypnose Drama, so it didn't clump, and the brush did a much better job at separating my lashes and making them look more natural.  It wears all day without flaking, too.

Blush & Makeup Remover

Since I've already talked about Blush Subtil, I'll just show a swatch of the Cedar Rose color here, and move on to the Bi-Facil remover.  Cedar Rose is kind of a warm beige, which provides a really natural glow on fair skin.  I don't know how I would feel about it if I had a darker complexion, because I feel like it wouldn't show up very well on skin much darker than mine.


Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover is an oil-based remover that consists of two parts; you have to shake it before use to get the two parts to mix together.  I understand that some of you don't like oily makeup removers, but personally, I like it as long as I can rinse/wash my face after I use it.  It does what it's supposed to do, but it does leave behind an oily residue.  I like to followup with a non-oily cleaner or good ol' soap and water to get rid of the oil that gets left behind.

So there you have it!  That's Lancome 2011 Beauty Box in Beautiful Bronzes.  Which item intrigues you the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...