Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Swatches

My apologies for another late post, but here it is! I was looking for a couple of lip products to review, and the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter caught my eye.  I thought I'd give it a whirl, so I picked up Tutti Frutti to try it out.  You may have read in previous entries about my obsession for orange lippies...  Pics after the jump!

The packaging doesn't feel expensive, but it definitely has a unique look to it.  I like the clear top, so you can see the product without having to open it.  I'm often disappointed by inaccurate color stickers, and I hate it when people open products before purchasing them, so I was pleasantly surprised by this feature.  The remainder of the cap is a translucent colored plastic with a decorative criss-cross pattern on two sides.  The base is quite small, which can make opening it a bit of a challenge, similar to trying to pry apart two wafer-thin lego pieces.   The Revlon website claims this is a "Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips," which I think is mostly accurate. I didn't get the shiny part.  Maybe some of the other colors have more shine to them, but this color was definitely not a mega-watt gloss, so if you want it shiny you'll probably have to top it off with a clear gloss.  The formula is a nice, creamy balm, and the color is sheer, yet buildable.  It feels awesome on my lips -- not sticky, not drying, just even-applying, moisturizing awesomeness.  And I really like the color; I don't have a nice sheer orange yet, and I think this will fit the bill nicely.  If your lips are dry like mine have been lately, it will stick to flakes, so I would recommend you exfoliate with a scrub and prime lips before applying.  My swatches were on my bare lips with no prepping, so you can see some flakes and settling.  I was not "wowed" by the staying power, as it did require touching up after a few hours.  It's not advertised as a stain or a long-wear lip color, though, so that's forgivable.  And I didn't see a lot of transference while eating or smooching, so I'm really not sure where the color goes.  Overall, I do like this lip color.  I would definitely recommend it if you want an inexpensive balm with buildable color.
 
 Nekkid lips
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti (one stroke)
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti (built up)

Shown here with Lancome Definicils mascara, Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Black Coffee, TSC's Mars and Amber Dust on the eyes, Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose on the cheeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...