Friday, April 6, 2012

Pseudo-Hiatus

Hello, everybody.  Today I decided to take a sort-of-vacation from the blog.  I will still be posting LOTDs and NOTDs when I can, but I will be halting product reviews temporarily.  This news comes on the coattails of a vet visit I had today with my cat, Pepper.  He is about 14, and he suffers from severe anxiety when he is forced to go somewhere.  He howls, soils himself, and sheds like mad, and it's very disheartening to watch him go through so much turmoil.  Because of this, I have not taken him to the vet for regular checkups to avoid unwarranted stress to him.  I have tried to find a vet who makes house calls, but to no avail.  It's not that I don't care, or that I don't want to pay for his vaccines.  I would gladly pay a house visit fee plus any costs associated with a visit; the issue here is that I worry the stress of traveling does him more harm than the visit benefits him.  So now that you (hopefully) understand my reasoning and don't think I'm an awful pet owner, I will tell you that I noticed Pepper had a tooth out of place on Wednesday evening.  It was obviously causing him pain, as he pulled away when the area was touched and he stopped eating.  I worked a long shift Thursday, so I couldn't take him in right away.  Today, I took him to the vet, and  felt awful as he howled and urinated in his carrier.  I was told he has gum disease, and will need to have the tooth extracted.  He was administered fluids for dehydration, and was given a senior wellness check consisting of  a blood test and a urinalysis to make sure all of his other body functions are normal.  I was given a small bottle of pain medication for the time being, as well.  Monday I need to take him in for oral surgery.  They will administer anesthesia, clean his teeth, take X-rays, and extract the tooth.  Needless to say, this will be an expensive procedure, and I don't have that kind of money just laying around.  So I won't have any spare money for awhile to buy new stuff and do reviews.  I WILL be back once I get back on track, but in the time being I may not be doing as many posts.  I appreciate your understanding.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...