Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Not Nail-Related

Hello, everybody!  I know it's been a long time since I posted.  I do have a bunch of stuff to try that I just haven't gotten around to yet, but my pregnancy and now having a newborn has put blogging on the back burner.  Today, though, I have a bit of a sore throat because the weather has been shifting from hot and humid to cool and dry.  We do have a humidifier, which helps quite a bit, but we don't always remember to run it.  So, in light of my ailment (and the fact that I just finished a lat night feeding), I thought I would pass along one of my favorite things to soothe a sore throat.  It's super simple, and you likely already have everything you need!  I thought for a long time that everybody knew about this, but I've recently seen several people surprised at the suggestion, so I thought I'd share.
It's December - don't judge my mug choice.

What you'll need:

• A large mug
• Water
• Honey
• Lemon juice
1. Pour the water into your mug and heat.  You can use a pan on the stovetop to heat your water prior to pouring, or simply pop your mug in the microwave once it's filled.  Depending on the size of your mug, the amount of water you'll need will vary.
2. Stir in honey and lemon juice.  I use three tablespoons of each for a 12 oz. mug, but again, this will vary depending on the size of your mug - and your personal taste.
3. That's it.  Sip, enjoy, and feel better!

I love this drink just the way it is, but feel free to add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and clove for a festive kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...