Monday, March 19, 2012

Clinique Spring At Last GWP 2012 Swatches

Clinique is in gift right now at work, so I picked up my gift on Thursday.  My qualifying purchase was an Almost Lipstick in Tender Honey ($15) and a Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Plum Potion ($19.50).  I chose the nude color option for my gift, which includes a full-size (I believe) Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, a color compact with a Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Like Mink and Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Mocha Pink, as well as sample sizes of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser, Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Bonfire, and High Impact Mascara in Black.  See the swatches after the jump!

 Naked Lips
 Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon
 Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Bonfire
 Clinique Almost Lipstick in Tender Honey - One Swipe
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Tender Honey - Built Up
Naked Eye
 Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black
Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black with Like Mink Eyeshadow duo
 Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duos in Like Mink and Plum Potion (Indoor Lighting)
Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duos in Like Mink and Plum Potion (HD Fluorescent Lighting)
 Naked Cheek
 Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Mocha Pink
Full look with Chubby Stick in Mega Melon on the lips

I won't go into too much detail about the products.  My main draw to Clinique is that they are allergy tested, and I want my mom to try them because she has super-sensitive skin, especially around her eyes.  So I'll actually be giving most of this to her.  I did try everything, and my favorite product was definitely the Almost Lipstick.  I LOVED everything about the Almost Lipstick except that it doesn't have any sun protection.  I was expecting more of a sheer balm with the Chubby Stick, much like the Almost Lipstick.   I thought that the Chubby Stick would be a  smooth, sheer balm and the Almost Lipstick would be a little thicker with more opacity; it was actually the exact opposite once I tried them out.  The Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 was disappointing for me because of the stickiness, but I did like the color and shine.  I liked the High Impact Mascara, but it does take some building to get to what you see in the pictures.  The Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser does do a wonderful job of removing everything, and it leaves skin with a squeaky-clean feeling.  Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion feels soft and smooth on the skin, but you have to work it in fast because it absorbs quickly.  The Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher was a nice, subtle touch of color, buildable if you want more.  The Color Surge Eye Shadows are nice colors, and they go on smooth and even, but I'll stick to my mineral shadows.  Have you picked up this Clinique gift?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...