Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Zoya Maura Swatch

Sorry it’s been so long since my last swatch!  I painted them a couple of times and didn't get around to taking pictures, and then had a couple of nails break, so I cut them and decided to let them breathe for awhile.  I do have some colors that I haven't posted yet, though, so expect those in the near future!  And just a quick reminder, guys, I am on tumblr now so if you're also on tumblr and you follow this sort of thing there, here's a link.  See today's swatch after the jump!

Don't forget to click the photo for detail!  So this swatch is three coats of Zoya Maura with two coats of China Glaze Glitz’n Pieces on the index and ring finger as accent nails.  I really like Maura, but the formula is pretty thin; as you can see, there is some visible nail line here even with three coats.  It’s slightly less orange in person, and almost sort of has a pinkish tint in the bottle, which doesn’t show at all in this photo (natural lighting on a cloudy day.)  The color is pretty close to OPI’s Monsooner or Later, which was kind disappointing - even though I love that color - because I was hoping for more of a true red.  I do really like the color, I just wish it weren't so similar to something I already owned.  And Glitz'n Pieces is amazing.  It has a good formula; I don't have to fish for pieces and it dries pretty quickly.  I also really like the mix of black and silver and hexes and bars and big glitter and small glitter.  I normally don't care for bar glitter, but I really think it works well in this mix.  What do you think?

Edited 2/13/15 to add: I now have a comparison post up for Maura and Monsooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...