Wednesday, February 11, 2015

OPI Monsooer or Later Vs. Zoya Maura Comparison Swatches

Hey, guys!  Sticking to Valentine's Day-inspired posts, today I've got a re-swatch and comparison of one of my first favorite nail polishes, which happens to be a bright red creme!
OPI Monsooner or Later is an absolutely phenomenal orange-leaning red polish, and it was one of my favorites when I started getting into nail polish back in 2012.  In fact, it was the third nail polish swatch I ever posted!  The formula is great: smooth, self-leveling, and nearly a one coat wonder.  My bottle is old, so I had to thin it out to do these swatches, but the formula was fantastic when it was new, and it thins out nicely.  I purchased Zoya Maura thinking that it would be more of a pinkish red like it appears in the bottle, but much to my surprise, it dried a familiar orange-leaning red!  I even tweeted about the similarity, as my bottle of Monsooner or Later was practically dried out and I hadn't yet picked up any thinner.  Comparison photos show two coats of each with Formula X for Sephora top coat.  So, what's the verdict?  Do I think they're dupes after all?  Well, they are pretty much indistinguishable in the photos, but I have to say that Maura does lean ever-ever-so-slightly cooler in person.  They're close enough, though, that you don't need both (unless you're a die-hard completionist and you simply must have them all).  If you're looking for a great red creme and you can find a bottle of Monsooner or Later, I highly recommend it.  If you can't find it, Maura is definitely a nice substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...