Monday, February 2, 2015

KBShimmer Pretty In Punk + China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald Swatches

Hey, guys!  Today I'm going to show you a fantastic multichrome holo from KBShimmer.  Sadly, this color is discontinued and out of stock, so it looks like the only way to get it at this point would be from a trade or blog sale.
Swatches show three coats of KBShimmer Pretty in Punk with two coats of China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald on the ring finger.  Pretty in Punk is a gorgeous multichrome that shifts from rose gold to green to purple.  The shift is fantastic (and hard to capture in photos)!  In addition to the amazing color shift, Pretty in Punk has a strong linear holo.  The formula was smooth, but I felt like coverage was a touch on the sheer side so I used a third coat.  Emerald Fitzgerald is another older color.  It was perfectly opaque in two easy coats.  It has a nice shimmer that would have been lovely if I had had some sunlight for my swatches.  The first two photos were taken outside on a cloudy day with no top coat.  I added a coat of OPI Comet in the Sky on the ring finger and a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top on all of my nails before taking the other photos.  The third photo was taken in HD fluorescent lighting from my Ottlite.  I haven't been using this lighting recently for swatches, but I need to start because it makes glitter so much easier to photograph!  The last photo shows regular indoor incandescent lighting.  I really hope KBShimmer comes out with some more awesome multichromes like this in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...