Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime + China Glaze Optical Illusion Swatches


Hey, guys!  I hope you're all enjoying the new update schedule.  I'm having a lot of fun with it, and I don't want to say too much, but I've got some cool stuff that I'm really excited about in the works.  Today I've got a bright, fun mani for you!
Swatches show two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety-Split Lime with one coat of China Glaze Optical Illusion on the ring finger.  I also used one coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top, which made everything super-shiny and smooth and amazing.  Top photo shows direct sunlight, middle shows HD fluorescent lighting from my Ottlite, and the last one shows normal indoor incandescent lighting.  One of the girls at work complimented this mani and even asked if it was gel polish, and then if I had acrylics.  I always get so flattered when people ask me stuff like that about my nails!  Anyway, my bottle of Lickety-Split Lime is a little on the older side, so it's thickened up a bit over time.  I used to wear it a lot, and the formula was great when it was new.  I added some thinner after painting my nails, and the formula seems like it's back to normal.  It's worth noting that n the bottle, Lickety-Split Lime looks really similar to Limestone from Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails line.  Almost identical.  Once it dries, though, Limestone is darker and cooler, while Lickety-Split Lime remains a true, vibrant lime green.  Definitely not dupes!  Optical Illusion has always been on the thicker side, so I needed to thin it before painting with it.  No issues with the formula after adding a bit of thinner.  The combination of glitters in this polish is really fantastic.  It reflects different colors at different angles and lets just a touch of the base color through at one coat.  If I remember correctly, Optical Illusion is full coverage at two coats.  I feel like there was another color that I used to layer under Optical Illusion, but I can't remember what it was!  I was thinking it was a purple, but I think the only purples I had back then were OPI Can't Let Go and China Glaze No Plain Jane (the latter of which always bubbled no matter how long I let it dry between coats, and the former I don't think I would have layered with because it has a textured finish).  What a mystery!  I love this combo, and I'm so glad I brought it back.  Do you love it as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...