Friday, February 13, 2015

SUPER BLACK Lacquers Rinse + Repeat Swatches

Hey, guys!  Today I'll be showing you my final Valentine-inspired nail look.  Enjoy!

Swatch shows two coats of SUPER BLACK Lacquers Rinse + Repeat over two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On in direct sunlight.  Please excuse my cuticles, as nothing I can do lately seems to keep them moisturized!  I used Essie Too Taboo to paint the hearts (go easy on me, it was my first attempt) and Formula X For Sephora top coat to smooth everything out.  Rinse + Repeat is described as a sheer, creamy white polish with transparent magenta glitters.  I actually loved the way the base looked at one coat - just a sheer whitewash - but I ultimately decided to layer it because I could tell at two coats that the base wouldn't build up to the bright white I was going for.  No issues with the formula, aside from being sheerer than I had planned for this particular look.  Below, I've shown what Rinse + Repeat looks like on its own.
As usual with direct lighting, every little imperfection shows.  The streaks you see in the photo are not really noticeable in person (one coat is sheer, but not streaky like that).  If you don't mind some VNL, two coats is perfectly fine, but three will get it pretty much opaque.  How do you feel about Rinse + Repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...