Monday, February 9, 2015

Zoya Harper Swatches

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  Personally, I'm not big on Valentine's Day celebrations, but I do like to do some festive things with my nails when holidays roll around, sooo all of my posts this week will be Valentine-themed in some way or another!  Click through to see what I did with this glittery pink jelly!


Swatches show three coats of Zoya Harper with a gradient on the accent nail using two more Zoyas, Binx and Muse.  The first photo shows direct sunlight, the second photo shows HD fluorescent lighting from my Ottlite, and the last photo shows regular incandescent indoor lighting.  All three of these colors were released in Zoya's Summer 2014 Bubbly collection.  Since these colors are all pretty sheer, I used two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On as a base color for my nail art (the other nails have no undies), then applied the gradient using the sponge method.  On top of the gradient, I painted three hearts using Orly Liquid Vinyl and filled them in with Sally Hanses Xtreme Wear in White On.  I sealed the nail art with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Harper is a sweet, bubblegum pink jelly with iridescent glitter and gold glitter.  There's still a bit of visible nail line at three coats, but it's forgivable with a jelly formula.  This is not a color I would usually wear alone, but I know I'll be able to put it to good use with the other Bubbly colors!  How do you feel about Harper?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...