Monday, June 27, 2011

Rock A Betty Beauty Swatches + Review


My Order: A mini Lid Luster jar in Kink, one in Pandora, and The Wet Spot Eye Lining and Foiling Serum

Packaging: Everything was neatly packaged inside of a bubble mailer, with  a handwritten note from Ber, the owner, and the actual products inside of a cute retro popcorn bag.  Ber also included a business card, a sticker, and a small double-sided brush.  The shadows were in sweet little 3g jars, as described, and they had plastic seals around the outside to prevent leakage.  The products did not have ingredients lists on the them, but they can be found online.


 Today's Swatches: Left to right: Pandora, Kink

Without Flash
 With Flash

These swatches were applied to bare skin (top row,) and skin prepped with Shadow Poxy from My Beauty Addiction (bottom row.)  The foiled stripes next to the swatches are done with The Wet Spot foiling medium and the foiled stripes in the center of the swatches are just done with water.  Pandora was darker and smokier than I expected, but still gorgeous.  Kink is a bright, vivid pinkish purple, just as I had hoped.  These shadows apply exceptionally well without primer; almost as well without as with!  They are both very pigmented and have a nice shimmer, but not overboard and crazy-glittery.

Overall: I was very impressed with the packaging, the little personal touches and extras, and the pigmentation and application of the colors.  I really have nothing bad to say about Rock A Betty Beauty, and I'm definitely pleased with my products and the overall experience.  She's recently started selling  grab bags of five random 3g lid lusters for $10, and I have to say I'm already looking forward to snagging one of those!  I suggest you do the same.

---

Any statements made on this blog are my own opinion; my intent is to provide an honest and thorough review of my personal experiences for the benefit of my readers.  All products are purchased by me, with no monetary or other compensation provided.  Any product given to me as a gift will be accepted, but not  treated with favor over products I have purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...