Monday, October 31, 2011

My Beauty Addiction Swatches + Review



Packaging: My order arrived in a bubble mailer just four days after I made my purchase, so shipping was super-fast.  My full-size colors came in cute stacking jars that were wrapped in additional bubble wrap, and I got a sample of Crushed Diamonds in a separate baggie.  My package also included a printed invoice with a handwritten note from Sherrie, the owner.  The stacker has a sticker on the top, and and each individual color has a sticker on the bottom with the color name, ingredients, company name, and address.


 Today's Swatches: 


As usual, colors in the top row are swatched on bare skin with a foiled stripe down the center and colors in the bottom row are swatched over My Beauty Addiction's Shadow Poxy (click to see swatches.)  Top photos for each pairing were taken under normal indoor lighting, bottom photos were taken under HD fluorescent lighting.

Overall:  I've had MBA's Shadow Poxy for a while now.  I really love the color payoff I get with it; however, as I pointed out in my Battle of the Primers post, the formula does not lend itself well to long-lasting looks.  The colors were very vivid and unique.  The color of Heliotrope didn't really get captured as it appears in real life; it's an ultra-bright magenta with a lot of sparkle (it looks much more purple in the photos.)  The other colors are  pretty accurate in the swatches.  The pigmentation of these colors on bare skin is quite good, comparable to MOI Minerals, The Starshine Company, or My Pretty Zombie (you can find links to my reviews of these companies in the right side of the blog under "Reviews.")  I'm really happy with my MBA experiences.  Shipping is always quick, packaging is appropriate and thorough, and the shadows are real showstoppers in terms of formula and pigmentation.  While I don't recommend Shadow Poxy for long wear, it does provide exceptional  color payoff.

Would I recommend them?: Yes, definitely.

2 comments:

  1. These eyeshadows do look really vivid! I really like Heliotrope and Karma, in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fabulous! I love the sparkle in Heliotrope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...