Thursday, August 21, 2014

OPI My Dogsled Is A Hybrid + How Great Is Your Dane? Dotticure

Hey, guys!  Today, I'm swatching two colors from the OPI Fall/Winter 2014 Nordic collection for a fun, polka dotted nail of the day.  These colors remind me of an Andes mint, which is definitely a treat I associate with cooler weather.  Swatch after the jump!
Okay, bear in mind this is my first attempt at polka dots (I used a dotting tool) and this photo was taken after several days of wear (I loved this combo so much, I just couldn't bear to take it off).   I used two coats of each color, My Dogsled Is A Hybrid and How Great Is Your Dane?, to create the base, and from there I just dotted my heart out.  I got these colors as part of the Little Northies mini set.  Yes, there is some chipping, but I do a lot of typing and various hand-related tasks, so I think that's fair after a few days.  My Dogsled Is A Hybrid is a gorgeous, minty green that was opaque in two coats.  How Great Is Your Dane? is a chocolatey brown, and also opaque in two coats.  No issues with formula for either one.  I did top this look off with Sally Hansen 30 Second top coat, which I picked up to see how it compared to Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, and found out the hard way that it's not a great top coat for nail art.  You can see in the picture where a few of my dots smudged, but it wasn't totally obvious from a distance.  To be fair, I don't really know if Insta-Dri fares any better with nail art.  As far as dry time, though, 30 Second was great.  Do you think this pairing is as dreamy as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...