Thursday, August 14, 2014

KBShimmer Shipwreck Swatch

Hey, guys!  Sorry about the radio silence on my end...  If you're following me on tumblr, you'll know that my computer was down for quite awhile, which totally derailed my posting abilities.  But the computer is back up and running for the time being, so here I am today with a new post. This is a shade I've swatched before, but I wasn't happy with the way it photographed, so I'm re-swatching it.


Swatch shows three coats of KBShimmer Shipwreck with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. This is a polish that I've had for awhile, but haven't had a chance to wear often because I lost it after the first time I wore it.  Luckily, I found it a few days ago looking for something else I had lost (which I also eventually found).  To be honest, I'm still not entirely happy with this photo, but it's the best I've gotten after numerous attempts on three different days, so this is the one I'm going to stick with.  It doesn't look this sheer in person, and it's really sparkly -- it's a teal jelly packed with blue, green, purple, and gold hex glitters and tiny copper sparks.  The formula is excellent: not too thin, not too thick, and no issues with having to fish for glitters or place them during application.  It reminds me of a book I used to love when I was little, Rainbow Fish.  Are any of you familiar with Rainbow Fish?  If so, did that book cross your mind, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...