Thursday, October 9, 2014

Swatch Dump!

You probably thought I was finished, but I've got a couple more swatches for you today!

 
Since it's October, I thought I'd try my hand at a festive dotticure!  This NOTD features two coats of Revlon Parfumerie Orange Blossom and Orly Liquid Vinyl on alternating nails with dots in the same colors and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  I did use two coats of top coat because the dots made things pretty lumpy.  I got a little carried away with the dots on my middle finger, but overall I do like how this turned out.  Orange Blossom is a true orange and opaque in two coats.  The scent is really nice and sweet, and is still prevalent even with a top coat.  I love the scent and the color, but it is a little thick (like the other Parfumerie shades I have, it can be a little tricky to work with).  Liquid Vinyl is ever-so-close to one coat opacity, but not quite.  It has a nice, self-leveling formula with a shiny finish.
These next swatches show two coats of Sinful Colors Why Not* and two coats of Butter London Inky Six with Sally Hansen 60 Second top coat.  Why Not is a nice sky blue creme.  I had no issues with the formula, as is usually my experience with Sinful Colors.  Inky Six surprised me, because I thought it was a clear base filled with glitter like Rosie Lee, Indigo Punk, or Henley Regatta, but it isn't!  It's a blue-tinted jelly base packed with electric blue and pine green glitter (the green is more prominent in person).  The formula on this good, although the finish was a bit grittier than my other BL glitters.


* I did not purchase Why Not, I came upon it through a somewhat unusual circumstance.  My work supervisor's ex-girlfriend left an assortment of nail polishes at his apartment after they broke up, and he gave them to me when she did not come back to claim them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...