Thursday, May 19, 2011

Now I Know My ABCs!

Snarky P., thanks for tagging me!  I had fun reading your survey, and now it's my turn.  I thought this was a fun little questionnaire that didn't require *too* much effort or time on my part, so I figured, why not?  Also: I'm thinking about doing a look when I get home tonight.  So you all keep your eyes peeled for that, because I really feel like playing...


A. Age: I will be 24 in juuust over a month.  I still get carded for pretty much everything, though.  Even R -rated movies, like Snarky P.

B. Bed size: Queen, but I could still do a twin if I didn't have to share.  Sometimes I have two grown-ups, and almost-four-year-old, and an old grumpy cat on my bed, so it has to be a decent size.

C. Chore you hate: Putting away laundry.  It just takes so much time that I never want to buckle down and do it...  I definitely had a "floordrobe" when I lived alone.

D. Day: Um, my favorite day of the week?  Probably Saturday, I guess.  I'm a sheep like that. 

E. Essential start to your day: Catching up on webcomics during the week, and Postsecret on Sundays.

F. Favorite color: Teal

G. Gold or Silver: I prefer silver, but I don't dislike gold.

H. Height: 5'4”-ish. Depends on the time of day and what type of footwear I have on.

I. Instruments: My favorite is probably the trumpet; I love pretty much any band with a regular brass section.  People can do amazing work with a piano, though...  Billy Joel is my all-time favorite musician.

J. Job title: I run a small business making jewelry, and I work part-time retail.

K. Kids: I do have a stepson, but none of my own yet.  I'd love to have one of each.

L. Live: Iowa.

M. Mum’s name: Elaine.

N. Nicknames: Urby, Jess, Jessie.  Urby is a high school nickname that came from my last name, and that's what most of my friends and my stepson call me.

O. Overnight hospital stays: I'm not sure that I've ever had one, aside from waiting to go home with my parents after I was born.

P. Pet peeve: There are lots.  Driving without your lights on at sunset, driving without your lights/windshield wipers on when it's raining, when my nails are not uniform in length, redundancy ("continue on" gets me every time,) etc., etc...

Q. Quote from a movie: "Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going."John Candy, in Planes, Trains, and Automoblies

R. Right or left handed: Righty.

S. Siblings:  I have an older sister.

T. Time you wake up: Begrudgingly at 8:00 during the work week, which at our house is Tuesday through Saturday.  I try to sleep in a little bit after the alarm goes off, but it never really works.

U. Underwear: Um, yes?  I like fun prints in soft fabrics.  Modal is amazing.

V. Vegetables you dislike: Peppers, Mushrooms, Onions.  It's not a flavor thing, it's the texture.

W. What makes you run late: If I sleep through an alarm or it fails to sound for some reason.  Looking for my keys.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: A bunch on my teeth, several on my arm when I broke it at age five, and I *think* one each of my foot, ankle, and knee for injuries that were very painful but turned out to be less serious.

Y. Yummy food you make: I make some killer fried rice with eggs and chicken, but it takes a looong time to make because for it to be *really* delicious you have to cook everything separately in soy sauce, and then mix it all up in a big pot with your cooked rice.

Z. Zoo: I love trips to the zoo; I wish I went more often.  The last time I went was with my stepson, but it was close to the end of the day so we didn't have much time to roam around aimlessly like I would have liked.

I tagged Marin of Linnaeus Cosmetics, and Ashley of It's a Mommy's World and I hope they have not yet been tagged and choose to participate. :)

3 comments:

  1. lmbo about the "floordrobe" I think my hubby has one of those (still!)...

    Also, your fried rice sounds incredible. Now I'm hungry again ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for looking young!
    That's one thing I'll never complain about ;)

    You have some awesome facts too!
    Another of my pet peeves is driving at night and the idiot in oncoming traffic keeps their high beams on. GAHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lizzy: I really want to make fried rice soon, but it's hard to make small batches, so I'll have to wait until we can afford to fix or replace our fridge to keep the leftovers. :(

    @ Snarky: I'm at an odd age where looking young is more of an annoyance than a gift, but I know I'll appreciate it as I get older. I often have people flash their brights at me because they *think* mine are on when they aren't. I flash 'em right back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...