Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pahlish Drink the Sea Swatch

So today's NOTD features a color I had seen (and loved) a number of times, but never managed to get the name down so I would remember it.  So when I had some money and decided I wanted to buy that ocean-themed polish, I had forgotten what it was called.  I searched and searched for swatches, but I just couldn't find what I was looking for!  And just after I gave up, the cosmos guided me to Pahlish's shop, and there it was!

Swatch shows three coats of Pahlish Drink the Sea with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.  Drink the Sea is a seafoam green cream with a variety of glitters in golds and greens.  This one definitely required some patience to apply, but the color is absolutely dreamy so I'd say it was well worth it.  The formula was pretty thick, making it a tad difficult to work with.  I was expecting more of the larger glitters from the swatches I had seen but I didn't have to place glitters or fish for them (with the exception of my right pinky nail, which managed not to get any larger glitters until coat three.)  The third coat evened things out enough that a top coat smoothed it all out and gave it a perfect, shiny finish.  It's seriously fantastic; I can't stop staring at my nails!  I think next time I'll try adding a drop or two of thinner to see if that helps with the formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...