Tuesday, April 15, 2014

e.l.f. Studio Precision Liquid Eyeliner Swatch + Wear Test

Okay, yeah, this post isn't about nail polish.  It's about e.l.f. studio precision liquid eyeliner, which I bought in black.  Initially, I received my order and this item was marked as backordered.  I waited a while and after hearing nothing from e.l.f. in regards to when this product would be in stock, I sent them an E-mail.  They apologized and sent it out right away, which makes me think it was marked backordered by mistake.  Click through to see the swatches!

Originally, I was just going to write a short little blurb about how I didn't recommend this product, but I thought it wouldn't be fair to post an 'after' picture without a 'before.'  So here you go! 
The second photo was taken on a different day and shows approximately nine hours of wear.  Bear in mind that I wasn't wearing it winged like the first photo, I just did a quick line over the lashes.  I've used this a few times and always had similar results.  Both photos show the eyeliner worn without a base or primer, so maybe that would help.  Either way, though, I don't care for it.  It flakes off in chunks (you can even see one of the chunks in my lashes if you look closely at the second photo.  While I like the simple packaging (even if it does feel cheap,) and the nice point it lends to the inner eye and wing (should you choose to wear it that way,) it just did not have staying power for me.  As I said, a primer or base might help, but I would say this is probably not the eyeliner for you if you're a minimalist when it comes to products like me.  Have you tried this liner?  If so, did you use a primer and did it help increase the wear time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...