Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Formula X For Sephora Prism Swatch

Two reviews this week!  Just because I love you...  Today I have a swatch for you from the Formula X For Sephora line.  This was one of the colors I had my eye on from the beginning, but Danger Zone edged it out just barely when it came time to use the gift card I got for Christmas last year.  BUT I finally made my way back to Sephora and picked up Prism.  Swatch after the jump!

So this is three coats of Formula X For Sephora Prism, featuring two coats of Orly Mermaid Tale on the accent nail and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for a top coat.  The formula for Prism was good.  I used fairly thin coats, so one was kind of streaky, two evened it out a bit, and three obtained full opacity.  I really, really like this color.  It's a nice, bright turquoise with a lot of shimmer and it looks more blue in some lighting and more green in others, although the shift is very subtle (I wouldn't call it a true duochrome.)  Top it off with Mermaid Tale, and I am entranced!  Mermaid Tale has small green glitters and large bluish-greenish holo glitters (which I LOVE) in a clear base.  Nice formula; no fishing for glitters or trouble with placement, and it dries pretty smooth.  We've been having some cold, dreary winter hanging around, but I am ready for some nice weather and bright colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...