Friday, March 27, 2015

Let's Talk Nail Polish Removers!

Hey, guys!  Today I thought I would share with you my thoughts on the remover I am currently using, which is the Nailtiques Non-Acetone remover.  I picked this up at Ulta while looking for something gentle since we're coming out of winter here, and it's cold and dry and an all-around terrible time of year for my hands.  It includes aloe and conditioners!  I also picked up a Flowery pump, so I ditched the bottle, but it also said something about the remover having a pleasant scent!  I was sure that this remover would be the be-all-end-all of removers, but I was sadly mistaken.  To me, I feel it's quite drying (moreso than other acetone-based removers Ive tried), and it has a strong scent that is nowhere near as pleasant as OPI Expert Touch, Essie Naturally Clean, or Zoya Remove +.  I know that others seem to love this remover (the Ulta rating is currently the same as OPI Expert Touch), but it was a total dud for me.  I've recently had a hard time with some glitters I've tried, but to be fair, they may have just been stubborn glitters and it's possible that wasn't the fault of the remover.  So overall, I wouldn't recommend it.  There are other removers in around the same price range that leave my cuticles much happier and smell better, to boot!

Here's a breakdown of the price per volume of all the removers I've mentioned:
• Zoya Remove + // $9.99 for 8 ounce, or $1.25 per ounce
• Essie Naturally Clean // $6.00 for 4 ounces, or $1.50 per ounce
• OPI Expert Touch // 5.95 for 4 ounces, or $1.49 per ounce
• Nailtiques // $8.00 for 6 ounces, or $1.33 per ounce

So clearly Nailtiques is a little cheaper by volume than OPI Expert Touch or Essie Naturally Clean, but I would still put it at the bottom of the list were I to rank these four.  I found Essie Naturally Clean to be drying, too, but the scent is much nicer.  OPI Expert Touch has a citrusy scent, which I love, and leaves my cuticles looking and feeling nice.  Zoya Remove + is my favorite of the bunch, and I was surprised to see that it's actually the least expensive per volume!  It's definitely worth mentioning that Nailtiques is the only non-acetone remover on this list; however, OPI Expert Touch and Zoya Remove + both contain additives to counteract the drying properties of acetone and condition nails and cuticles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...