Monday, March 2, 2015

Zoya Myrta Swatches

Hey, guys!  Today I've got a couple of Zoyas to share with you that I ordered during the New year New Hue promotion.  Say what you will about the mystery shades, the interpretation of the promotional verbiage, and the shipping times, but there's no denying it was a fantastic deal (and well worth the wait, in my opinion).
My swatches show two coats of Zoya Myrta with one coat of Zoya Jesy on the accent nail.  The first photo shows direct sunlight, the second shows HD fluorescent lighting, and the last shows incandescent lighting.  You can see a bit of VNL in that last photo, but that was not evident in person.  Myrta is a gorgeous persimmon color with a gleaming metallic foil finish.  Zoya describes it as a warm medium orange coral with red undertone, gold and silver metallic shimmer, and a foil-like finish.  While this doesn't read coral at all to me, it is certainly a lovely color.  Nice formula here, although I was impatient and I ended up with some bubbles.  They're pretty much hidden by the finish in the photos, but trust me, they were there.  Jesy is great, too, as far as the formula; it's easy to work with and the glitter distribution is fantastic.  As far as this pairing, though, I was bummed that Jesy's base color pretty much disappeared when I layered it over Myrta.  I know it's a light shade over a dark shade and all, but I had hoped it would lend just a smidge of its base color and stand out more as an accent.  I don't hate them together, but I think Jesy would definitely work better with lighter undies.  Sound off in the comments and let me know how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...