Wednesday, January 28, 2015

FingerPaints Amethyst Accent + Jamberry Pocket of Posies Swatches

Today I've got another purple shade and a Jamberry nail wrap to share with you!
This is two coats of FingerPaints Amethyst Accent without top coat.  As always, you can click on any photo to see it bigger.  Amethyst Accent is a plum purple foil with a great formula and a smooth, shiny finish.  It could probably be a one coat wonder if you laid it on pretty thick.  While this does look cooler or warmer depending on the angle and lighting, it's not a duochrome.  It is, however, extremely reflective, so it will sometimes pick up colors from its surroundings.  I don't have anything else like this, even in my extensive selection of purples for purple Fridays at work.  Both photos actually show a different application, and the second photo does have a few bubbles.  That's only because I was impatient and didn't leave enough time between coats, though.  The first swatch was taken on a cloudy day, and the second was taken in direct sunlight with Jamberry Pocket of Posies on the accent nail.  I have only used Jamberry nail wraps a few times, and while I do think they're lovely if you can apply them well, I never get anywhere near the promised wear time.  I use them very sparingly based on this observation.  The best way I've found to remove them is to wait until they start to peel, and then gently push them with an orange stick (I use a rubber-tipped orange stick) when they start to peel.  How do you feel about this color?  Have you tried Jamberry nail wraps?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a popping purple, cute! And the accent nail looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really is a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...