Friday, January 23, 2015

Ginger + Liz I'm So Over Him + Kicking & Screaming Swatches

Hey, guys!  Today I've got another color that I've had for a while and hadn't swatched (and one that I posted on Tumblr that didn't make it over here for some reason).  The 100 day no-buy is going well, and giving me a chance to swatch some of the colors that I've had just sitting around.  I'll admit, there are a few things that have tempted me, but I'm actually feeling pretty good about it.  Without further ado, go ahead and click through for the swatch!
Swatch shows two coats of Ginger + Liz I'm So Over Him with two coats of OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay on the accent nail.  No top coat here.  I have had this swatch up on Tumblr for quite some time, but somehow it managed to slip through the cracks and not end up here!  I became obsessed with I'm So Over Him immediately after I applied it.  It is a gorgeous lilac creme, and it applies like a dream.  Perfectly opaque in two thin coats, and self-leveling with a nice, shiny finish.  Be still, my heart.  This may just be the first creme that I really fell in love with.  I really liked OPI's Monsooner or Later and Keeping Suzi at Bay before this, but I was swooning over I'm So Over Him.  You can see it on my Instagram feed.  I paired it with practically everything I could.  It's absolutely fantastic, and I can't say enough good about it.  If you don't have a lilac creme, go out and get this.  Like, now.
Swatch shows two coats of Ginger + Liz Kicking & Screaming with Ginger + Liz Fast Drying Top Coat.  Kicking & Screaming is a blackened purple base packed with blue and purple glitters.  The first coat is a bit streaky, but it's fully opaque in two coats.  I bought both of these colors shortly after Ulta started carrying the brand and they were offering the top coat as a freebie.  At first, I thought this was a glitter-packed clear base.  I'm not sure why, but I did.  I was really surprised the first time I applied it and saw that deep base color!  The official description of this polish mentions a jelly-like finish, and that does not come through for me at all.  The glitter in this polish makes the finish a bit lumpy, and it ate up most the top coat.  The finish looks about the same in the official swatch on the Ginger + Liz website, so it's not just my bottle.  I do like the color, though it's darker than what I would usually pick out for myself.  It's really lovely if you're looking for a dark glitter, but it's definitely not squishy and sheer like a jelly, or even a crelly.

The top coat is quite thin, but it is shiny and it does dry quickly.  I wish it were a tad thicker, but it does what it's supposed to do and it's definitely workable.  No complaints on that front.  Let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...