Sunday, January 11, 2015

Formula X for Sephora Vortex Swatches

 I've got another Formula X for Sephora swatch to show you today!  This color reminded me of a Zoya that I absolutely love.  Click through to find out which one!

I believe this swatch shows two coats of Formula X for Sephora Vortex.  Sephora describes Vortex as an ocean blue and rainbow glitter shift.  I would call this a royal blue, but I definitely don't see anything that I would call a shift.  Vortex applied evenly and dried quickly.  It's a textured polish, similar to the OPI Liquid Sand finish or Zoya's Pixie Dusts.  For some reason, though, this seemed extra-textured to me.  I opted to wear it with top coat, and it was reeeally thirsty.  I think I used two coats of OPI Start to Finish and one coat of Sally Hansen 30 Second top coat.  That looked decent at first (see below), but you can see from the first photo that it drank up a lot of that top coat.  The color reminds me a lot of Zoya Dream.
As you can see, Vortex is a tad lighter than Dream, and obviously the finish is totally different.  I thought at first that the glitter was holographic, but I'm pretty sure now that it's just different colors of glitter.  There is fine gold, blue, and purple glitter visible in the bottle and on the nail.  So it's definitely not a dupe since it's not a holo, it's textured, and a bit brighter in color, but they are quite similar.  The last picture is blurred intentionally so you can see the glitter better.  What do you think of Vortex?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...